Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Nursing Nook

The nursing nook is almost complete!  Dale has painted my round vintage side table.  The lamp is ready to go, and now the chair is almost done as well.  I can't believe I thought I couldn't do this.  The chair is coming along very well, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it, too!  I thought the arms would be so difficult, but the fabric seemed to just fall into place. The biggest challenge is sitting on my work stool while 37 weeks pregnant, but no worries because I am taking lots of breaks.  I'll be cheating just a wee bit and taking the cushion cover to the seamstress to sew for me.  I'm a little too intimidated by the zipper and piping.  Overall, I am pleased with how it's looking, so this may be a new hobby for me :o)
Expenses for the nursing nook:

CL Upholstered Rocking Chair = $156
Designer Upholstery Fabric = $40
CL Round Vintage Side Table = $25
Green Paint & Satin Varnish = $20
Aqua Lamp from lampsplus.com = $69
Total = $310
Not bad, considering a new upholstered rocker by itself would cost a minimum of $700 or so.  It has been fun and rewarding creating my own custom look for the nursing nook!

No comments:

Post a Comment